Saturday, February 26, 2011

Getting a new PC is like cleaning the attic

I've been migrating files from my old HP something-or-other desk top to my new Dell
Inspiron XPS 1501X lap top. I don't have a special affinity for any of the PC manufacturers left on the market today, but we use Dell computers at the office, so a Dell seemed just as good as any other PC for now.

This lap top is what is generally called a "desk top replacement," and it's bigger than the one I use at the office. However, it's also not designed to be lugged back and forth between work and home--that is unless you have a one-floor commute.

Sorting through old directories and files is like cleaning the attic. I found stuff that I'd forgotten about, and other stuff that was just no longer worth hanging on to.

I knew I'd hit some kind of land mark when I blew out the last remaining electronic vestiges of my previous job. There are no other back-ups for what I deleted. It's gone. No regrets here!
Copyright © Deborah A. Ayers - All rights reserved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment