Saturday, February 19, 2011

Relaunching AyersOnline.com

I just updated my professional web site AyersOnline.com. Over its lifespan it's gone through several face lifts. The first version, which you can see here on the WayBackMachine, was designed exclusively using Note Pad. (Learning raw HTML proved to be quite a career enhancer for me!)

I created the original AyersOnline.com in 1998 to republish my newspaper columns as well as to provide useful web resources for my macroeconomics and microeconomics classes that I was teaching at the time. However, I haven't taught economics in a f2f classroom for almost 10 years so my site seemed long overdue for yet another change.

Rebuilding my site this time around was a LOT easier. I wanted to use an application that was easy to use, reasonably priced, and offered both HTML and WYSIWYG functionality. In other words, a product that landed somewhere between NoteTab and Dreamweaver.

Although I didn't use one, I found so many interactive easy-to-complete web forms that I found it hard to believe that every professional doesn't have their own web site. Note: Facebook does NOT count, and LinkedIn is too constraining!
Copyright © Deborah A. Ayers - All rights reserved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment